View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 1st, 2008, 01:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post
I don't mean this as a flame against Mr. Burbank or anything, but I just don't find the VAST majority of his articles and such things funny at all. He has, what I consider, an extremely sophisticated sense of humor.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Max is simply the funniest writer on I-Mockery (and one of the funniest I've ever seen anywhere) and I think the other writers agree with me on that fact. I definitely understand that his humor goes over some people's heads or simply doesn't click with somebody - that's just the nature of comedy. It doesn't matter how funny you are, there will always be people who think you suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
To be fair, the only reason Burbank has that title is because I stopped writing myself.
Yes you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
I'm not in the least offended. Humor is completely subjective, and I think I-mocks greatest strength is how much ground we cover. We're like the Beatles of reasonably unknown free comedy writing on the internet.
It is kinda crazywhen you think about how much ground we've covered over the past 10 years or so. Most sites seem to stick to one style or subject, but we're really all over the map with what we write about. I think the main reason for that is because each of the 4 (well, 3 now) writers are so completely different. The cool thing about that though is that even if you don't like one writer, chances are you'll like one of the others. We have a large established audience who generally likes what we've been doing all these years and that's pretty damned cool if ya ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank View Post
The reason I-mock is my home base is because more than any other editor I've encountered, RoG lets me be me. Both Cracked and Lampoon at one time or another either editted my stuff in ways I hated to suit their audience, or asked that I write stuff more specifficallly tailored to them. And I'm totally able to do that, but to write tailored stuff that doesn't totally suit me, I want more money. Sometimes I get it, mostly I don't.
With you and the other writers, I try to be as hands off as possible (with editing, not with groping). I trust you guys enough to write in your own styles and I see it as my job to make sure your articles are presented properly and with as few spelling and/or grammatical errors as possible.