View Single Post
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2011, 11:58 AM       
I watched Batman: Year One. What a stinker. I've said it before and I'll say it again: why does all American animation have to look like anime now? It's not even as if they're taking inspiration from anime and using a few similar techniques, they're actually trying to make it look Japanese. I picture directors standing over the animator's shoulders saying, "it's not stiff and awkward enough yet, make it look more Japanese." Alot of the style of anime is down to Japanese animation studios producing more material on a smaller budget than their American counterparts and therefore having to cut corners with generic designs, recycled shots, stiff action and one syllable mouths. And everyone wants to copy it? Pathetic.

I've been watching Batman: The Animated Series this week too and it's astonishing that it's now almost 20 years old and had more character, style and substance to the animation than this horrendous piece of garbage Batman: Year One.

I've read alot of criticism about the voice acting. I didn't think it was that bad.