View Single Post
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 04:55 PM       
I've read a lot of bands weren't in the American Hardcore doc simply because they didn't give permission. Still, it would be FAR better to have a whole documentary just about the Misfits, as they seemed to be a huge phenomenon in the underground at the time. I seriously doubt that you could get Danzig, Doyle and Jerry Only in the same room now, though.

I actually have respect for Ian MacKaye, though. I got the chance to interview him in 1992 and "straight edge" was mentioned. He almost came apart. Saying something like, "What the Hell does that word even mean? I know it was I song I wrote but other than that, it's been totally taken out of context." I don't blame him for "sXe", I blame kids who turn one song into a movement. Kids like that should have themselves a nice, tall glass of Jonestown brand Kool-Aid.

I never really got into GG Allin's music. So, I'm indifferent to him except that I still wouldn't fuck him, even if he had "a wisp of cotton candy framing a paper cut" vagina, as Bill Hicks says.

Actually, anyone know why Danzig split from the Misfits? I was always fuzzy on the idea.