View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM       
Social media simultaneously helps and hurts web sites. It's great for getting word out about new material 'n all, but most people LIVE on those social media sites. Before those sites existed, people would hang out on all kinds of random web sites to explore them more. Now, sites like mine are dinosaurs on the Internet, and more and more of them are dying off all the time. New people pop in to read an article or whatever they saw linked to on Facebook or something, but then they immediately return to Facebook rather exploring those sites any further.

More and more classic sites are shutting down and people are just making posts on social media sites rather than having something of their own, and I don't get it. But I realize I'm also just getting older, cuz I also hate that video rental stores are shutting down everywhere. I hate seeing book stores shutting down. I hate seeing music stores shutting down. I hate that there aren't enough arcades.

It's like the Internet is determined to keep people indoors 24/7 to ensure that they have no real world social experiences.

No thank you.

Get off my lawn.