View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM       
The Grudge 3 took part in some gloomy apartment building in Chicago. (Because...? I forget why. Someone carried the curse over or something. I'm sure in alternate films, Kayako is visiting everyone who rode over on the plane with whomever carried the curse over, and eventually the CDC will have to get involved). There is a man who is an obvious setup to be the reincarnation of Kayako's husband, there's the good guy and whore-turned-responsible girlfriend, and there's a sickly little girl who keeps seeing Toshio. Somehow, Kayako suddenly has a sister who wasn't ever mentioned before, and someone has been putting clippings about the Chicago murders (from the Japanese papers, wtf?) on her desk until she decides to fix the problem. Weirdly, her name is Miss Saeki, even though that would have been Kayako's married name, but whatthefuckever.

There is one scene where they do a jump scare two times in quick succession and that might be what you're thinking of. The little girl is playing with her dollhouse and Toshio pops up behind it, looking through a window at her. Just to make sure that startled us, he immediately does it again. They have his eye lined up with a circle in the center of the window like he's got her in his sights.

Then again, they could have had her eye big in a door. I don't remember it, but it wouldn't surprise me. I think in a few of the film versions they liked to flash her face on windows, kind of like that Exorcist demon.