View Single Post
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 02:19 AM       
I don't know why but I always find it hilarious whenever somebody puts pictures of bodies on their body.

What you are attempting to do is precisely why I don't have any tattoos. I refused to get one unless I designed it myself, and that never worked out because I would grow to hate whatever I settled on a month after I designed it.

This is only personal taste, but I would never put something with too much shading or detail. For me, the minimalist approach is essential. Make something simple and impacting that will catch the eye and be easy to understand. Whenever I see someone with really fancy tattoos on their bodies it just looks like a mess of colors until I stop and take a good look at it. I hate that. Go for thicker, higher contrasting lines, and try to limit yourself to less than 5 colors/shades. No gradients. All of your examples would work very well if you just increased the contrast between the lights and darks, or just used solid shapes to construct them.

That's just personal preference though. I like a minimalist approach to most designs.