View Single Post
zerothree is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM       
Xbox One is a dumb name first off. Like, Wii U dumb.

I'm totally done buying anything labeled Xbox, Since they first came out I went through two Xboxes and three 360s. I can't imagine the new one (ha) to be a well built machine.

Anyhoozle, I'm tired of all these "gaming" consoles that seem to have games the least important aspect of them. Seriously, who wants to watch TV through their console? Is it just some type of ploy to make sure you never turn off your Xbox?

The always online has been debunked... sort of. Sure, you don't need to be online all the time, but if you aren't you will miss out on updates and such that might keep you from playing games. Oh, and those updates? Yeah, they might be an every day occurrence. My PC doesn't even update that often.

The used game fee, no matter what the price you'll eventually have to pay, is bullshit. Gamestop's prices for some used games are bad enough, (Oh, only $54.99, HOLY SHIT, THE SAVINGS!) but to have another amount to pay on top of that is just bananas. Also, the not being able to play at a friend's house thing has been given an answer...
From Gamespot:
'Earlier today, a Wired report claimed the Xbox One would require secondhand users pay a fee to play used games. Hryb did not deny this in his statement today, saying only that there will be no fee for those who play their games at a friend's house, provided they sign in to their profile.
"Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend's house--should you choose to play your game at your friend's house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile," he said'

To be signed into your profile requires you to be online of course.

Lastly, none of the announced games so far look that great to me. It's all just the same shit we already have, but prettier. I guess the same argument could have been made going from PS2-PS3 and Xbox-360 though.

I'm probably just going to be a hypocrite and will end up buying one anyway when something I want to play will come out for it exclusively, but I really hope that shit doesn't happen...