View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 21st, 2007, 09:40 AM       
My special needs cat gave me some awesome scars this morning. He'd been horribly circling the litter box, or so it seemed anyway. It was hard to gage his intent as he was not succeeding in getting any closer to it for like a half hour. It certainly looked like it was his intended destination. I finally couldn't take it anymore and I went over and tried to help him out. I lifted him up and when hios feet touched the cat litter, he totally freaked out and bit into my hand and tore two long scratches from the inside of my elbow all the way to the palm of my hand. Ow. I hollered real loud, but managed to put him down gently without instinctively throwing him. Then I had to pretend for my kids that he hadn't hurt me all that much and I went in the bathroom to clean myself up and also so they wouldn't see their dad SOBBING LIE A BABY! I'm kidding, I didn't cry very much at all.

Their is suprisingly little visible damage, concidering how much it still hurts.

I don't now about this, though. I mean, not for me, I thrive on getting carved up, but Cordelia manhandles that cat no matter what I tell her. Plus, since it has so little motor control, it doesn't give you any of the typical cat signals about when to stay away. It's been ultra affectionate, there was no indication it could be as violent as it got, and I have now way of knowing if it meant to be so... effective, or if it only intended to nip me a little and then it's jaws went spastic (literally).