View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jan 27th, 2008, 02:30 AM       
Since that episode was probably three years ago, all I can remember was that it looked like it was made in the past 15 years. I was amazed that it was at a lame chain store in the first place, where they usually only sell books in Spanish to pander to migrant workers. (Last time I looked at that section, half the books were various editions of La Biblia Sagrada and the other half were various editions of Mi Vida by Bill Clinton.) But, if that book happened to be a well-preserved 16th century codex missing from the Spanish Royal Collection, then I guess I really should have coughed up the $25 when I had the chance.

On that note, I have reason to suspect that one of my antiphonal leaves was part of a dismembered codex stolen from the Vatican. I did email the FBI office for the area where my dealer lives about it and they never responded, so I guess I'm in the clear.

More on topic, though, I really really hated reading House of Leaves. My friend demanded that I do so, so I did it because I love her. I've described it more than once as being "so pretentious that it feels grossly inadequate when the book pokes fun at itself for being pretentious". Once I was done, though, it began to plague my dreams heavily so I guess maybe my subconscious enjoyed it more than I did. Also, it made listening to Poe (the singer) more interesting.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT