View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 05:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
that, or they're some dickwad, hipster-wannabe contrarian who just has to chime in with logical arguments like "it sucks."
The internet is teeming with them

The thing is, and GW kind of touched on this in the whole "but I know none of you are going to read it" thing, nobody wants to hear your reasons why a game that 95% of the gaming world thinks is a masterpiece is in your opinion, a turd. When 95% of people think it is awesome, and you are in that little minority, you are simply wrong. I am sure we all have a game we dislike that 95% of the gaming world thinks we are wrong for disliking, and in those cases, they are right, but we soldier on and keep it to ourselves. There are a few important reasons for this.

1) Nobody really cares what we think
2) There is probably a logical reason we hate it that makes real sense, i.e. we never really had time to play it enough, a small insignificant flaw pissed us off, it raped us when we were 5, and so on
3) Why do we need to shit in 95% of the gaming populaces' cornflakes? Let them enjoy it and we can go on not enjoying it.

I can give a good example of one I used to hate that it seemed everyone else loved, and why I was wrong. The Guitar Hero series. I was one of those "you aren't playing a real guitar" assholes. I saw the negative stories of people who play it all day and never work. It was enough for me to say, 'everyone else is wrong, Guitar Hero sucks". I had never actually played it, and I felt by watching a couple videos of it I had all the experience I needed. Then I snagged a new copy with the guitar controller on the cheap and gave it a shot. I played it while my brother made fun of me and I laughed so hard at his jokes, my messups on songs, and I found myself actually having fun. Turns out I held an opinion that was misinformed and wrong