View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 01:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
The people that are ruining music are the ones that buy nothing and burn everything. Buying music in this day and age is like voting; buy the music from the bands you want to keep making music.
I have a really shitty computer, so I can't download much, but I disagree with your argument.

I think markets change, and innovations spawn change. The RIAA is reacting in a very reactionary manner, and it will only hurt them in the end. They can't stop this downloading craze, but in the meantime, while they spend their time suing college students and heading a witch hunt, they could be adapting to the changes. They COULD lower the prices of their products, they COULD sell songs for dirt cheap online. Sell a song for $ .05, and give away some special feature with it that you can't get by merely d/l a song from Kazaa.

They need to be proactive at a time when they are in fact trying to fight the tide, and it'll only ruin them. I don't subscribe to the notion that people who don't buy CDs are ruining music. People who only buy CDs and never go to see the acts live at real venues are ruining live venues, so should those live venues be up in arms....?