View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 07:34 PM       
I thought I did talk about how my last relationship ended. :/

Ah well... maybe later tonight I'll post about that story again. The long and short of it, though, is that you can't be old-fashioned and a feminist at the same time without appearing cheap. I suddenly found myself with reduced access to a car, and she had just bought a new car, but she didn't "drive to guy's houses."

She especially didn't like it when I said she could drop me off at my neighbour's if she was that anal about it. I thought I was being funny.

Anyways, she got really offended and started telling me how a "gentleman" was supposed to act around a "lady," hung up on me a bunch of times (and dammit, she beat me to it on the last time I ever talked to her on the phone. I wanted to hang up! ), then stopped talking to me for a week all because I asked her if *maybe* she could drive once in a while.

The best line from her when I finally went to get all the stuff I had loaned her was, "I don't know if I want to be with you anymore if you're going to act like this over something small. What would you be like if something big ever happened?"

The latests one, though... I'm still baffled and depressed.