View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
You may have fallen into the friends territory. If you're too much of a friend, you really do go there, but if you're there long enough, there's a chance of coming back strong when they realize "OH WE'VE LOVED EACH OTHER ALL THIS TIME IT MUST BE DESTINY".
Ah yes, the "Ducky" Hypothesis.

Anyway, I'll answer the questions:

The scenario: We are walking into a building in front of you. Do we hold the door open?

Yes, but that goes for men, too.

We are seated on a packed train and you're standing next to us. Do we give up our seat?

Depends on the woman. Weak-looking old lady? Sure. Some chick yelling into a cell phone while cradling her tiny, useless dog in her other hand? Hell no.

A woman is lugging a large suitcase through the airport. Do we offer to help?

No. I don't want some weirdo walking up to me at the airport.

We pass a woman walking down the street, crying. Do we do anything?

Does walking away while wondering, "what's her problem?" count as doing something?

It's late at night and we see you stumbling alone out of a bar, extremely drunk.

A stranger walking up to a drunk chick at night? Not unless I feel compelled to get maced and have the twins crushed.

We are in a parking lot and see you fighting loudly with a man, probably your boyfriend. Do we intervene?

No, let them figure out what their problem is.

(If No to above question)We don't do anything, but then it starts to get physical -- we see him grab you by the arm...

Yes. Call the cops, take a picture, say something, etc.

We are at a bar when we see you being aggressively hit on by David Spade. What now?

The guy got a Playboy Playmate pregnant, and then said he didn't want to have anything to do with her. If that isn't hint enough for you to avoid dating him, I don't think there's anything I can do to help you.

I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm more inclined to just leave people be. Most of the time, here in the big city, that's all people really want.