Thread: Brian Eno
View Single Post
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 03:13 AM       
I like Here Come the Warm Jets but that's it. Both Another Green World and Before and After Science are ok but a lot of it is too ambient for me. I seriously tried, I mean actually really tried, to appreciate his ambient works but I eventually I realized that I found nothing redeeming about it after multiple listens. More often than not even during the first listen (especially Discreet Music, which is 32 minutes of the same boring 45 seconds looped over and over again).

If someone could enlighten my as to why ambient music is interesting I'll gladly hear them out. I even tried Tangerine Dream which is more science-y ambient than Brian Eno's earthly ambient stuff, but seriously, shit's boring.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog