Thread: Marriage
View Single Post
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 23rd, 2009, 02:54 PM       
A "no contest divorce" or a "no fault divorce" where both parties decide it was a bad idea and want to end it quickly cost me $500. Best $500 I've ever spent.
Check into the laws where you live about marriage and divorce, it's pretty important "just in case" information.
When I grew tired of my first husband I tried to get it annulled a year later because it'd be cheaper than divorce but the time statute had voided it out. Where we lived if you don't consummate the marriage within 24 hours it's void. It was a valiant effort though. Dumbass was too drunk to fuck on our wedding night, yet I stuck with him out of necessity more than anything else.
Don't get a marriage for convenience, it's expensive to get out of.
Make sure you're doing it for the right reasons and that you both want the same or similar things out of life. It makes it ALOT easier.
I only got out of it for cheap due to the fact we had no property or children to try and split.