View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 12:04 PM       
Okay, here's what I've learned so far. Mr. Hannitty has donated web space and one assumes ir time, as well as time in the form of a personal appearance to the Freedom Alliance scholarship fund. This fund provides education funds for children of servicemen who have died or been injured in the line of duty. Certainly worthy.

Here are the questions one needs to ask:

What is the Freedom Alliance?
Did the money raised by this event go directly to the scholarship fund or did it go into the general budget of the Freedom Alliance? I ask this because Oliver North, Freedom Alliance spokesmen has been known to use charitable organizations as fronts for fundraising for more overtly political causes.
Was Mr. Hannitty compensated for his time or his appearance?
Why this charity in particular, and is the involvement of Oliver North, Right Wing Radio host coicidental?
Has Hannitty ever raised funds for non politically connected charities, such as the United Way, or Uniceff, or Catholic Charities?
How much money was raised and how much went to cover event costs?

All of that being said, if any kids get any of that money for education, I say great. Giving away education, like giving away food is always good. And Vinth, bravo to you for actually following through on something.

Now, don't get all excited and write about ejaculating on my face or making me dress as woman for you. Here's your statement:

"Talk Radio has helped raised millions of dollars for many causes."

Here's what I'm now happy to admit. Hannitty helped North raise scholarship funds. And see? I said that without saying the kids "Shuffled" up to get their money or that they 'gobbled' their education.