View Single Post
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Dude. It's Final Fantasy.

I wanna play it for the job system, though. People like to circlejerk over FFV's job system, and since customization was the only reason I played Tactics A2, I'd like to see what the fuss is about.

Does FFV have the Red Mage class? With a giant feathered hat and cape? I measure a FF game's value based solely on whether or not I can make a Red Mage. Those guys are so awesome.

Good luck. I haven't played the remakes but I was only able to get through so far in FFV. The boss battles are really hard.

Protip: there's a part where you get kidnapped by goblins or something and they take you to a small forest. Stay in the forest and kill the mobs. They drop a weapon that attacks twice per hit. You can get NIN class and dual wield these for a total of 4 hits with a char. Then you can get DRG and jump, so it's no damage for you, but when you land it's 4 hits on the enemy.

FFIV was really great too. I love Cecil and Kain. I've only gotten to the boss who is underground and casts like cure IV on herself constantly. I think we've discussed this before. Haven't we?