View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 12:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
you can't use occam's razor to "win" arguments and you can't use the impossibility of knowing for sure whether or not there is actually a unicorn or not in your yard short of showing up there and looking which you could always claim its out frolicking or whatever unicorns do to support the notion that there is or is not a unicorn in your yard and then transfer the impossibility of knowing that into a claim about whether or not aliens built the pyramids.
I'm saying in light of the lack of evidence of ancient astronauts aside from reinterpretations of myths and ambiguous art makes my interpretation the more simple and therefore the most plausible. Just as the lack of evidence of the existence of unicorns or the ability to make them artificially makes a claim of owning one dubious. The simple and thus more plausible explanation of a person who claims to own one is that that person is lying. Of course you can't know for sure that I don't have one. That doesn't mean that you should take me seriously when I say that I do.