View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 03:29 AM       
No problem, here ya go:

Quote:
*If the cabinet isn't retired, what are your future plans regarding it?
We will continue to bring it to conventions like the San Diego Comic-Con and game gatherings so people can play it for free on a real arcade cabinet. We love seeing people play the game in person, watching their faces light up when something crazy happens in the game 'n what have you.

Quote:
*The page on i-mockery mentions a downloadable version "coming soon". Is this still in the works?
We always release free downloadable versions of our games, but we delay that version so we can spend a few weeks debugging the game as much as possible. One of the great things about releasing it as a web-only version at first, is we can get a lot of feedback from people about the game and they let us know of any bugs they encounter. Once the game is up for download, those people aren't likely going to check back in to see if we've released an updated version with certain bug fixes.

So long story short; we hold off on releasing the downloadable version so it can be as bug free as possible. We plan on having that version ready within a few weeks and it will be completely free as well. We'll probably add fullscreen capability to that version too since it's been requested a lot.

Quote:
*Other than motivation, did you experience any other pitfalls during development that set you back?
Well all of us have had jobs and other things taking up our time, including us having developed many other online games over the years... so I guess our need to constantly be creating other stuff set us back at times haha. Still, I think without working on other projects simultaneously, we would've gotten burnt out on the huge Abobo project. Plus, with some of the other successful games we released before Abobo, it helped us build up a fanbase that came to expect a certain type of comedic game from us over the years.

But yeah, there were still times when we'd laugh and think, "You know, we could be using this time to make a game we could sell instead of just doing a parody game for free." But what can I tell ya... it was a labor of love and this game needed to exist as far as we were concerned.

Quote:
The only other thing to bring up is that I'd like to make use of the photos of the cabinet and your team as copyright-free pictures in the article, under the Creative Commons license, granted you're credited for the photos. Would this be okay?
You're more than welcome to use the photo of the arcade cabinet or any other graphics we created (such as the entire custom Abobo web site we designed), but I'd prefer not to have our team image in there since Abobo is the star of the game, not us.

Thanks again for working on that article and lemme know if you have any additional questions.