View Single Post
i will let you down
george is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty okgeorge is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM       
April 2004 to June 2005

This is the home stretch, and we are getting to all the goodtime rainbow happiness.

I got fired from my job at the sign shop. For the first time ever Nancy had nothing to do with it. Did she yell at me al the way to work, everyday without fail? Did she forget to pick me up? Did she leave me to walk home from my partime (40 hrs a week) job at Wendys, while absolutely refusing to take care of the kids or work herself? yes, but the reason I got fired from my job at the sign shop was Racism.

I love racial humor. There is something to the stupidity of hating somone for how they look or cultural differences that amuses me. Maybe it is because I have no real family tree. My mother was an orphan and my father only had a mother that we ever knew. I could not take offense to any race jokes, and often wished I knew exactly what clan I belonged to so I can get indignant about racial slurs. Anyhow, jokes are jokes, actually hating someone for that kind of shit in real life is pure stupidity, and my boss at the sign shop hated everyone that wasnt lilly white.

After months of working for Craig, I was finally competent enough at my job to sell signs to people. I had gotten a customer to purchase roughly 20,000 in signs. She was a very classy black woman, and she had gotten rich and decided to put back into her community by building a sort of Cultural Center in a very bad neighborhood. I stood to make a 2000 dollar comission on the job, not too shabby.

Craig told me to double the cost of the job cause we would be working for ******s. His exact words. I did as I was told, and promptly lost the job.

Then I got another customer. I managed to get them to buy a rather nice sign (you would be suprised how much artistry goes into a business sign). I also found a sign box manufaturer that would build the box for it for half the price of the guy we usually got them from, and since my comission was on the PROFIT for any job I was pretty stoked.

The problem was that the new manufacturer was Chinese. Craig told me that the day he started doing business with Chinks is the day he would stop doing business.

I told him to go fuck himself and walked out.

When I got home the phone was ringing. Now this part is going to sound made up, but it is not. I picked it up and the girl on the other end asked for George (me bitches ). The girls name was Juliet and she was calling to offer me a job. A high paying government job. I had applied for this job well over a year ago, on a whim. I never actually thought I would get it. Juliet had dated my brother in high school, and had been detrmined to get ahold of me. She said she had been calling for days, and that this had been her last try and if I hadn't picked up she was going to have to call the next person on the list and offer the job to them.

serendipty. I told Nancy later that day. There was great joy in mudville. For about a week.
doctorboogie fanclub member #1
@jorgedomingo on twitter.