View Single Post
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 03:41 AM       
http://www.spychecker.com/spyware.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by spychecker.com
Are all Adware products "Spyware"?
No, but the majority are. There are also products that do display advertising but do not install any tracking mechanism on your system. These products are not indexed in our database.
This is the point I was trying to make. Cydoor, while annoying and extraneous, is not spyware because it doesn't do anything but display ads. And since ads piss people off, more and more people are using Kazaa Lite instead, which runs without Cydoor.

Emule is a good program, too, I just never managed to find the files I was looking for there.

And if you forget to scan what you download, what does that have to do with the place you got the file from?

EDIT: oh yeah, I forgot, you're all better than me because you've been on these boards for a long time. None of us knows anything about each other's real lives, so who are you to say you're better than I am? And how does anyone construe arguing about software as a way to act cool? If anything, it would make a person seem like a geek, which I'm not - I have Comp Sci major friends for that.