Thread: Final Fantasy 4
View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 03:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
7 just 6 in 3D, except it got boring after you reached the world map.

Also, 12 is where it's at, and anyone who disagrees will be split into 4 buttcheeks and fucked in the middle of them. However, you opinion will still be different from mine and I will respect that
6 and 7 are different enough. 6 has the stronger cast but 7 has the better battlesystem imo. BUT itīs mainly about which a person has played first. I for example played 7 first since 6 never made it to Germany before the Anthology in 2002, so my ties to that one arenīt as strong since 7 was my first FF...if you donīt count Mystic Quest.

12 on the other hand...12 had two problems. The Cast and the Story. First the story. Itīs political and war-ish. While that works most excellently for Suikoden games, it doesnīt for FF, I expect something grand there and 12 didnīt deliver any of that. It was sluggish and dumb. Second, the cast. Vaan is the WORST character in a FF game ever. There, I said it. He is worse than Hope, worse than Vanille, worse than Yuna. Why? Because heīs the fucking main character.
It doesnīt work, heīs a 5-year old barechested vest-wearing rascal and that is...just horrible. Honestly, I never finished the game or played further than about 30% because of this one design-choice. Had they made Bash the MC and the story about him, I wouldīve played the shit out of that game.

Oh and the License-system was stupid as hell, but the battlesystem in general was good