Thread: Final Fantasy 4
View Single Post
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 11:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
6 and 7 are different enough. 6 has the stronger cast but 7 has the better battlesystem imo. BUT itīs mainly about which a person has played first. I for example played 7 first since 6 never made it to Germany before the Anthology in 2002, so my ties to that one arenīt as strong since 7 was my first FF...if you donīt count Mystic Quest.

12 on the other hand...12 had two problems. The Cast and the Story. First the story. Itīs political and war-ish. While that works most excellently for Suikoden games, it doesnīt for FF, I expect something grand there and 12 didnīt deliver any of that. It was sluggish and dumb. Second, the cast. Vaan is the WORST character in a FF game ever. There, I said it. He is worse than Hope, worse than Vanille, worse than Yuna. Why? Because heīs the fucking main character.
It doesnīt work, heīs a 5-year old barechested vest-wearing rascal and that is...just horrible. Honestly, I never finished the game or played further than about 30% because of this one design-choice. Had they made Bash the MC and the story about him, I wouldīve played the shit out of that game.

Oh and the License-system was stupid as hell, but the battlesystem in general was good
I guess Vaan was added kinda last minute to appeal more to(I don't know who....but someone) and the main char was supposed to be sword guy(the one with the twin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
It would have been better if Cloud died instead of Aeris, or whatever he name was, and it just ended there.
Then you got to play as Zack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
i kind of like the storyy for seven better its all, "YOURE A CRAZY FUCK YOU DUMB PATHETIC MOTHERFUCKER"

thats basically clouds story
and he's not even real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxBlood View Post
Though I prefer Locke or Zidane as MCs.
:HIGHFIVE