View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2010, 07:10 AM       
There was a chinese buffet near my college that was horrifying. I remember seeing a bowl of raw chicken left out under a buffet heatlamp because the guy carrying it to the kitchen got distracted and went off to do something else. I've had noodles with a rubberband in them (they must have the noodles bunched with rubberbands and tossed the whole works in...extra nice to think about when you have a latex allergy). I saw a little girl pick her nose, put her finger up the spout of the soft-serve dispenser, and then lick her finger.

There are very few chinese buffets I'd eat at, and when I do I mainly stick to steamed rice and jello cubes.

Our most popular mexican restaurant got shut down a few years ago because a kitchen person didn't wash their hands and spread some sort of exotic poop disease all over town. Thing was, their food is incredible, so they didn't suffer a bit...just reopened and kept on going. On weekends you can't even get in the door. But then, the place is probably the cleanest and safest ever, when they have to worry about followup visits from the health inspector.