View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 11:51 PM       
I re-watched Event Horizon last night and it was waaaay less scary this time around. Partly because I knew what was coming, but partly because the special effects have gotten pretty dated.

There was still some disturbing fucking imagery, but like I said I knew it was coming. It's the kind of stuff that would have given me nonstop nightmares as a kid.

Now...eh, it's got some scary overtones (mad scientist falls victim to his own creation, and so forth) and some not so scary overtones (opening a portal to hell results in an eyeball-gouging orgy of violence). But, you know, evil ship, it had been done before and would be done after. Mr. Kitsa was watching it for the first time and kept saying it was like playing Dead Space.