View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:23 AM       
I don't like talking about politics. But anyway, my own theory, which amounts to maybe a hill of beans minus a pound or two, is that there were many double-dealings in which various middle eastern governments told the US one thing while they did another. I don't think that's a novel, groundbreaking or improbable thing to suppose.
Following that line of thought, it's doubtful that the Saudis or anyone else are going to let us in on how they really feel about all of this.

I thought it was perhaps a little embarrassing that we've had so many casualties in various skirmishes in the nooks and crannies of Afghani mountains, when all this time he appears to have been ensconced in relative splendor in some deluxe Pakistani accommodations. It was the final boss lair, yeah, in this particular story, but I don't think that all other members of Al Qaeda will spontaneously crumble and cause us no further problems.

If his death brings anyone any closure, I'm glad for that. And I don't know who the woman was or how she came to be in the boss lair, so I don't have anything further on that. All I have are opinions, same as everyone else.