Thread: LSD advice
View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2007, 02:24 PM       
Almost all psychedelics feel relatively the same. They have very similar body highs. I guess the difference comes in when you take high doses of them, but for the most part hallucinations are the same all around.

LSD won't "make you" enlightened though, it's just a drug. I suppose it has the POTENTIAL to HELP you become enlightened since it disassociates you from the norm, but honestly, you're neither going to become retarded nor enlightened by taking LSD (I mean you'd have to take A LOT of a drug and consistently for it to have much of an effect).
Timothy Leary wrote about LSD not as instant enlightenment really but as a psychological tool - you could kind of compare it to hypnosis. However, he also stated that in order for it to be a good tool it has to be used properly. They used a lot of "Rituals" when they used the drug medicinally - so more hypnosis comparisons.
Truly, the basic idea of it was that let's say when you were eleven you masturbated to a picture of a midget and so you've had a midget fetish your entire life (because timothy leary said the first sexual experience you have "Imprints") and you talk to timothy leary. Well, he would do some shit with the acid and psychology and crap and you'd walk out not attracted to midgets anymore.
They actually use a lot of different types of drugs depending on what type of problems you have. supposedly, some are better than others for treating certain conditions.

You won't be instantly addicted. Honestly, whenever you hear someone talk about drugs and they say ITS SO HORRIBLE ITLL KILL YOU INSTANTLY or something it's usually a lie. Same thing when people say, "OH YOULL BE ENLIGHTENED INSTANTLY AND ALIENS WILL TELL YOU THE SECRETS OF THE UNIVERSE."

Most "Real acid heads" of the 60's will tell you that the acid they have now-a-days isn't real acid, it's just "Poison" or some strange mixture. I don't really know what to say about that, but it's possible.

Anybody who says they became enlightened because they took a drug is a fool and a liar. Everybody I've met like that was a fool and a liar. Drugs can be incredibly useful when thinking about the universe or whatever but not one high alone is going to give you every detail. It's just like when you're not high, all the ideas of the universe don't suddenly come crashing down on you. You might have some moment or some instance where you're looking at the universe and discover some aspect of it, but you're not going to understand everything about the world.
i dont even know why people use the term enlightenment :O i guess there's some forms of enlightenment you could walk away with but they're pretty gay and could be understood in other ways and would probably be pretty basic.

Take LSD (if it's real), tropical. It's fun, but don't expect superior enlightenment.