Thread: LSD advice
View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM       
Lenor, what are you even talking about? I don't even know why I'm replying since i know you can't read a post longer than one sentance, but here we go anyway.
First I'll ask this since it will hopefully be the crux of my conclusion:
What meaningful, enlightening experiences have you had on drugs? Seriously, answer this question. I would love to hear it. If you can't answer this question, you might as well not respond since it's evident that you would be talking out of your ass rather than from experience.

Have you ever heard of Hassan-I-Sabah? he used to convince people they were enlightened by getting them high on drugs and then having people dance around and treat them like a god. Not only did they think they were enlightened, they were sort of brainwashed by it - i think they thought hassan was so great because he made them feel so good and gave them everything they wanted. It's very similar to the rituals Timothy Leary used, except Sabbah's rituals were used to supposedly indoctrinate assassins and make them do what he wants (sort of like when kidnappees become obsessed with kidnappers).
Hassan I sabbah's famous quote is, "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." Ask yourself, how does this apply to consciousness, and why would it support what I'm saying? Because it might seem like it could go both ways, but really what it means is that anything is capable with our minds. The drugs can just help fool the mind and manipulate it, if you don't have the capacity to do anything with your mind in the first place you're going nowhere.

HOW DOES THIS FIT IN YOU MIGHT BE WONDERING? Well the entire crux of Timothy leary is that we are capable of controlling our Consciousness/minds/brains. That we essentially make our own reality, and that by using drugs (also yoga and spiritual practices) we can improve our ability to control our minds and brains and also weed out any bad impulses we might have - in essence we can become "programmers" of our reality, capable of controlling what we think, when and why. This is inherent in his 8th circuit model of consciousness, which I know at least one or two people on this message board have probably read in the form of Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson, which is a very good book.
I have seriously given a rundown of everything about timothy leary that's not retarded.

Another interesting thing about timothy leary and nearly anybody with a brain who thinks is that WHAT WE THINK MIGHT NOT BE REAL or accurate. How might this apply to drugs you might ask yourself, and that would be a good question. Just because you think you're having a meaningful, enlightening experience doesn't mean it's true.

What am I wrong about, how am I wrong?

I'm not "Positive" of something, I sat there and asked questions and provided pretty decent reasons for what i think. Just because you can't contradict them or add anything doesn't mean I'm desperate, if anything it makes YOU desperate. The desperation to attempt to prove me wrong in your lame ad hominem attack is obvious - try giving some reasons.

What analysis or chart did I post? Seriously, you're fucking stupid and you're the last person I want to hear about enlightenment or controlling your consciousness from - You're a fucking retard who is neither enlightened nor in control of your consciousness. Quit trying to act like you're smart. You haven't even read timothy leary, john c lilly, alduous huxley or probably any interesting book ever. I know more about this subject than you ever will, despite the fact that you are a "Psychologist."

You are also the one using statistical analysis of this. Because a percentage of retarded college students and your friends said they experienced meaningful MYSTICAL BREAKTHROUGHS while on LSD it means it can enlighten you? Couldn't it be that *shockfuckingappal* these people were retarded college students on drugs and thus would call ANYTHING meaningful? These are probably the same people who watch that pink floyd/wizard of oz synchronicity and think it's mystical and enlightening.

God this seriously gets me because if all your friends had ENLIGHTENING experiences and you did too, doesn't it stand to reason that you would be BETTER PEOPLE instead of a bunch of fucking idiots? Where's the enlightenment from the 60's? shouldn't all those acid heads have become supremely enlightened by now? HM FUCKING Hm. WHAT DOES USING THE BRAIN GET US?
Like i said, I know more about drugs and druggies than you probably ever will (I also have common-sense, a very useful tool). I've met tons of self-professed "Drug Gurus" who think they are enlightened because they took a lot of shrooms or because they smoke alot of Crystal DMT (one guy even thinks he is an alchemist because he makes crystal dmt). They aren't any smarter than most sober people i know. In fact, the ones who claim ardently that they receive enlightenment and mystical experiences are usually STUPIDER than most sober people i know.
Honestly, lenor, you're just frustrated because drugs are probably the only thing that makes you feel "cool" and "intelligent". You identify yourself by drugs. I doubt you even read this far.