Thread: LSD advice
View Single Post
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 02:45 PM       
You keep mentioning euphoria as if that's the point of hallucinogens.

You do speed to feel "euphoric." You do coke, heroine, meth, uppers, smoke a cig or drink a cup of joe to feel those brief moments of euphoria.

You take hallucinogens for another reason. At least I did, I don't know about you. It's an experience. It can be frightening, frustrating, confusing, intriguing, joyous, and satisfying, the same things you feel everytime you experience something new.

Southwestern indians partake in peyote as a religious and spiritual experience, not to feel jacked up or "euphoric," just as beatnicks, hippies, and regular curious people do in much the same way.

Maybe it's not real, and you can pass it off as a "hallucination," but don't tell me you haven't at least once considered that life is more or less itself and illusion.

But if you're one of those guys who trips and lays back going "Aw mannnn, I'm soooo high" then you're trying too hard or doing it for the wrong reasons. As mitch hedberg so accurately put it, it's not a "real from the heart trip."

I'm not a druggie or anything, but I think there's truth to everything, and you should try most things at least once. I remember Chojin saying a long way back (and I paraphrase) "If you have to spend a day devoted to eating cat shit, just because it might be great, then do it." Or something, so there you go.

And if you don't always want it to "go to shit" (Matt), I hear it's important to have a group of people you deeply trust doing it with you, to kinda ground you. If you're tripping while they're playing Counterstrike or watching Jacob's Ladder, well, your friends suck.

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist