View Single Post
Eyelobe is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2007, 02:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomb View Post
Sacks - GG is definitely not for everyone. Or even most people. Probably not for 95% of the people at least. But to me the man was a hero. There has never been such a shocking and hilarious frontman. He understood that rock music loses it's power when it's safe. He made it dangerous again for a short time.

Guitar Woman - I still have no idea which band or bands bored you to tears or if they were actually good punk rock or just posers or what. I've heard alot of so-called punk bands which bored me to tears to, but they were'nt the good stuff.

Eyelobe - When I think of hardcore, I'm thinking of a bunch of skinheads in New York with X's on their hands playing the same song over and over again, but maybe they just stole the term.
I'd go with all your recommendations and throw in Dead Kennedys, early Flipper, Minutemen, Crime, Testors, The Mentally Ill.....
You're absolutely right - the meathead idiots stole the term. Bad choice of words, maybe. How about "New Wave"? A lot of the good groups in the late 70s and early 80s preferred that one.

To add to this great list:

Minor Threat, The Exploited, DOA, Nomeansno, Fugazi...