View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Sep 29th, 2004, 08:02 PM       
I think it's somewhat inspired, from a libertarian standpoint. It's pretty much the same thing as saying something like, "I don't want to work hard to pay taxes to support someone who simply isn't willing to work," but it's using Israelis and Palestinians, who might as well be Martians to most Americans... but Martians of which we know a little something (they hate each other, at least...) to avoid the intended audience being offended, if they or someone they love are the freeloaders the concept is speaking against.

Libertarians, like any sort of conservative, typically face the political obstacle of finding a way to convince the majority they need to do without whatever they're getting out of the pockets of someone else via big government. Unlike Republicans, who have pretty much become big government Democrats, Libertarians are still looking for creative ways to sell their ideology to those it would generally inconvenience.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!