View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 05:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
But the fact that it is possible now and it wasn't before, that is scary. It will takes years and years for us to feel the effects of this. BUt with the POSSIBILITY of every election being bought from here on, it could potentially create a snowball that will get too big to stop.
Aye, aye. I've thought that the government is on the road to disaster, anyway. The way we handle money and credit and debt is very...bad. Every few years now, the stock market plummets and the last time it did, things got really bad. People buy a lot of shit and that affect their opinion. It's all gotta do with how Americans consume things. Coca Cola endorses Sarah Palin. Commercials galore. And it's double exposure for both Coke and Palin.

The passing of this puts the U.S. one step closer to Candidate Coke and Candidate Pepsi. It'll be at a point where they won't bother with names. In fact, it'll just be voting for the whole company. Perhaps thats naive and a little too dystopian of me. But it's just one more thing. I don't know if it'll end up that way, at least in my mind. It's really fucking scary, though.

Though, I'm a person with an irrational and perpetual distrust in their government, so take that as you will.