View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 08:08 PM       
I was just posing an exaggerated hypothetical. Yeah, if there was anti-soda legislation, they'd fight it and back a candidate who'd also do so.

But imagine corporately sponsored and groomed candidates. PRESIDENT STEVE BALLMER.

And America as a publicly traded company. Maybe if I get in now, I'll be rich when the "boom" happens.

Again, naivete. However, nobody thought Hitler would try and take over the world and commit genocide until he tried to take over the world and commit genocide. They just kept giving him stuff and hoped he'd go away.

The point is that we can't say that something won't ever happen. Every concern should be considered legitimate when talking about changing the way a government functions and is created, a la elections and such.

There's a lot to be afraid of.