View Single Post
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2010, 04:40 PM       
Goddamnit

Fucking FINALLY finish my portfolio by grinding nonstop for the past week, get it reviewed by the professors and admissions people I've gotten to know before I submit it with my application, only to be told that it NEEDS ILLUSTRATIONS.

Quote:
"WHat"

"You're gunning for an illustration major, right? These drawings are incredible, but you need illustrations from your head to show that you have imagination."

"This one is a drawing of a drawing that I'd already done, complete with simulated coffee ring "marring" it with pencil and eraser sitting on top of it and casting direct shadows. I thought that counted as imaginative."

"Well yes, of course. That's what makes it stands out. But you have stories and characters, right? That's the kind of imagination I'm talking about! Make a complete smaller portfolio of personal illustrations and put that in a sleeve in your larger portfolio. Trust me on this."

THERE GOES ANOTHER WEEK OF MY LIFE. HURRAY.