View Single Post
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 02:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
RE5s multiplayer gave it a lot more replayability. Other than that Im inclined to agree Dead Space was the better game.
Multiplayer is the only way to play it. The Sheva AI was terrible for me - I remember it vividly. And a game that you can only play with two live people really isn't good for me. I still haven't beaten it, nor do I really care to. I could never make it through that fight with Wesker. Not that I tried really hard, mind. It was just tough with a partner that was useless. It was pretty, though.

But I love more than anything the fact that the Dead Spaces don't have cutscenes that separate you from Issac. The fact that you're constantly connected to him through the RIG's HUD and you're always on his shoulder was really cool. The animations were great, the ragdolly physics weren't, (excepting the zero-gravity stuff, which was great), and the sound design is literally the best I've ever heard in a video game.

Also, I really like Issac's character in the 2nd, too. But then maybe I'm a sucker for stories with tortured protagonists. It didn't take anything away, for me, as I was already pretty sympathetic to him when he was all but silent in the first.