View Single Post
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 02:44 PM       
Ziggy, I think it's your response which is disproportionate. Where's the worry and care about the Hizzbalah provocations? Syria's occupation? How about the Lebanese prisoners in Syria? If Syria wants to take support from Iran to fight a proxy war in Lebanon against Israel using a foreign army of occupation then that's the deal the Lebanese get dealt. If any of the arab states thought this was a BAD idea then they would have moved against it. Don't try to soft sell me the consequences of harboring murderous maniacs with the blood of thousands of civilians IN ANOTHER COUNTRY, to me. The truth is they don't care about Lebanon, nearly as much as they care about killing all Jews. Hell, all these groups and nations HATE EACH OTHER, but Pan-Arabism, and Pan-Islamism found that war against Jews can unite them all. Yeah, it's fucked that their human shields are paying the price, but it's even more fucked that nobody makes half as much of a fuss over the fact that Hamas and Hezzballah purposely use human shields to begin with. Less then 400 deaths in a week for a military strike of this size shows unprecedented accuracy. Israel has phoned ahead or sent warnings prior bomb airports and other populated zones. Maybe you need to look into what Lebanon really looked like in the Stone Ages, or even 1984 if you think that's where this is headed. Maybe the Lebanese should revisit that decision tree to ignore Hezbollah, now. Like I've said before, No one seemed to notice or care when Hezbollah was openly a foreign army of occupation in Lebanon engineering a billion dollar financial theft to transfer assets back to Syria. If that's something you enjoy, well, enjoy it then.

Quote:
Explain how their actions even remotely discourage rampant anti-Semitism in the region.
Israel's actions do not promote anti-semitism. It's not their job to discourage anti-semitism. Jewish self determination is not a counter response to antisemitism either. I mean sure, the best way to fight anti-semitism is to just stop being Jewish, but Jews aren't going to lay down or take that self defeating advice. Again, are you suggesting that Arabs hate Jews and spread institutionalized antisemitism asa justified response to Jewish provocations. These rogue military strikes against Israel are fueld by hatred against Jews...and while you might be uncomfortable with that truth, it's not something Hezzballah or the Palestinian leadership have been ambigious about. Now think about what you're asking me....because it's about as absurd as asking a Black American what they did to discourage the KKK.

Quote:
Will these events advance or impede the causes of other antisemetic groups in the region?
Learn your history. When Israel left their buffer zone occupation of Southern Lebanon it strengthened Hizzaballah, and the other antisemitic groups in the region. Check the timing of the second Intifadah too. Some even say that 9/11 happened in part due to the momentum these organizations felt once Israel left. What we know for certain is what hasn't worked...unilateral consentions, don't work. Negotiations with these groups, don't work. Prisoners trades, do not work. That stuff only reads as a victory to these people, and they will just keep on doing it, because well - it worked the first time. Any other suggestions? What has worked? Flexing their muscle. I'm sorry, it may not appeal to you, but it's a historical truth.