View Single Post
The Mighty One
FistfulOAwesome is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2009, 02:55 AM       
Hell to the Yeah! Futurama is by far my favorite T.V. series. I'm glad to know that my purchase of the DVD movies was not in vain.

That is harsh but it's true. Aside from ITWGY the movies had problems.

BBS is pretty good but it doesn't take the chance to follow-up on the series finale (F/L reset to zero, again.), the Paradox-Correcting Time Code is lazy (Something doesn't make sense by even Time Travel standards? Whoosh, Paradox Correcting), and the changes to continuity are not appreciated (I think it'd be difficult to find a Futurama Fan who likes the changes done to Fry's Past).

BWABB is strange. It has very little middle ground in terms of the Fandom's opinion on it. For most it's either freaking hilarious or it's an Out-Of-Character mess that trades away witty writing and years or character development for shock/juvenile sex humor (me).

Bender's Game is also strange. Seemingly the entire Fandom feels Meh about it. Mostly because of how disappointing the Fantasy bit (second half) of the movie is. Instead of being the promised skewering of Fantasy it ends up being a surpsingly boring send-off of LOTR. I have no idea why the writers decided to focus on that series since the last movie was realeased in 2003 so any jokes about it would be considered dated (which they were).

On the other hand I'd like to protect the film by stating that it isn't an OOC mess like BWABB is (aside from an extreme exxageration of Leela's anger) and that the first half is pretty good and would have worked as two twenty-minute episodes (which they kind of already work as).

Nothing truly needs to be said about ITWGY. Everybody loves this movie (including I-Mockery's own Dr. Boogie: http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies/we...e=movies&id=81) and for good reason. It's intelligent, it doesn't bog itself down with "fan-service" moments, it's the most complete, it's funnier than the others, the characters are finally back to a level of development they had in the series (BBS came close), and F/L's relationship is handled a manner more mature than any series episode before it (closest to ITWGY is 412: The Sting). This one is an absolute A+.

Still, I'm glad to have the series back in production. I hope that the writers won't reset the ending of ITWGY. F/L have been linked together for years and after the ending there is no denying that they are finally together. To reset that would show an incredible disrespect for fans and a lack of confidence in the writers.

I also would like a 1 or 2-part episode that explains how the crew got back to Earth after they went through the wormhole. While they could explain it in the first few minutes it would feel like a cop-out and the wormhole has too much potential not to use.

Other than that, closer continuity, F/L's relationship touched upon, and some multi-part episodes would be appreciated.

So, on a final note: YEEEEESSSSSS!!!