View Single Post
Admiral of the Undead
Thanos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 07:58 PM       
My Secret Santa was Ex Leper, and boy was he kind to this guy. Seriously, the gifts he sent me are some of the best I've ever received in a Secret Santa event. I received three packages throughout this past week.

The first packaged hid this fine publication inside! Ex Leper obviously knew I liked zombies, because this book gives great in-depth reviews on all things zombie -- books, movies, graphic novels, etc. Suh-weeeeet!

From there, I received my largest package in the middle of this week. And boy was it packed chock full of goodies! And yes, he packed it with VHS tape ribbon - genius!

I got everything from some keen classic VHS tapes to some sweet Rocky Horror Bendables. Dead Pit is a great gory zombie flick from the 80's and Gamera is one of my favorites... something about a giant turtle with rockets for feet that just rules! My two Collies were all over the severed killer hand prop... no no puppies, this toy is not for you! The Reefer Madness matchbox is awesome and fully functional -- it's even full of matches! I also got three DVD's chock full of great and odd Christmas Cartoons -- can't beat that! The Last Christmas graphic novel is something I've been meaning to buy and read for a while, so another solid score! Even more hilarious -- the word search at the bottom of the box. That's just... twisted... in a good way! Mmmmm... Zach Braff... dreamy. Perhaps the icing on the cake was the luchador mask... but we'll come back to that in a minute.

The next package was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Not only would I get one dose of Gamera for Christmas, but I'd get TWO! That's right, Ex Leper hooked me up with the entire 90's Gamera trilogy on Blu-Ray. I literally went out and bought my first Blu-Ray player because of this gift. And for the grand finale... some very sweet Cthulhu dice. Needless to say, I'll carry the Great One in my pocket at all times for safe keeping... and some illicit gambling!

Now back to that luchador mask...

On this day... I will be known far and wide as the greatest of all luchadors. I am... Cabeza Enorme!

Thank you so much Ex Leper - you get my vote for Secret Santa of the Year!