View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 06:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
Why is Germany so uptight about violence anyway? Is it just the current political agenda?
Nah, itīs always been like this. Basically I agree, violence IS a bad influence for some people. I mean America is famous for doing the thing we do with violence with sexual content as far as I know.

I think I said this a few months earlier too: Our censors sometimes have a problem distinguishing between different kinds of violence. Itīs only a problem when thereīs violence against human beings involved and apparently to them Zombies are people...nice of them but incorrect.

And...yeah, since you slaughter millions of "people" in Dead Rising 1, it was banned a few months after release. I suppose the sequel will suffer the same fate. Sometimes the censors are a little strange though, as God of War 3 was a normal 18+ Release here. I donīt know itīs strange.

Bottomline:
Germany: Sex good, violence bad, easy to remember
But honestly, I still think itīs some kind of mental relic from the war. We as a people seem to be pretty afraid of violence in all forms, because we fear the past may repeat itself and blahblahblah, you get the idea. At least thatīs my impression...but enough of that. As much as I like to talk about this stuff, I guess most people here donīt care anyway and for good reason