View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old May 17th, 2012, 04:58 AM       
I'm going to spew some of mah opinyuns on MGS4, guys.

This game really, really likes following up genuinely good gameplay segments with horrible fucking shitty awful terrible shit. South America gets followed by that fuckawful Gecko escape corridor and that completely retarded Matrix-sequel fight between Vamp and Raiden, who I swear to god buttfucked during this scene. Crying Wolf and most of Shadow Moses get followed by the fight with Vamp, who you can literally one-shot with the rail gun or otherwise take down with a single clip if your aim's alright,
Spoilers!

and the REX escape sequence, which is by far the worst section of gameplay yet. The game started out really good, too, I'm disappointed more and more and it feels like the first two chapters are awesome on accident.

Another thing; was it really necessary to have the B&Bs all writhe around going batshit in their stupid skintight bodysuits before putting up completely ineffectual boss fights in which you basically execute them? That's how these after-fights come across to me, as executions, because short of being completely retarded there is no way to lose them. This is in poor enough taste by itself, but their backstories just make the entire thing a joke because they're stupid and ridiculous. I feel more remorse for killing the faceless PMC and FROG troops than I do for killing any of the crazy chicks in the robot suits. Furthermore, I'm not sure it's good design to have a large 8-legged mech that leaps around on walls hold its rider up by the neck.

Also, why the fuck does Vamp keep his knife sheathed right in front of his dick? Is it even possible to make homosexual symbolism more overt than it is between Vamp and Raiden? I feel like I should stick a Brazzers logo on every screenshot that contains the two of them.

It's probably the only MGS sequel I've genuinely enjoyed, though.