View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:59 PM       
The 70's was the worst. Worse than the internet bubble, worse than the first few years of the Reagan Years (where deficit spending became a cottage industry for the gonvernment), and, yes, Coolinator, worse than the house of derivative paper cards that drove the financial houses to their bailout.

Can you even comprehend 21% inflation? People were getting 15% raises and losing money. People were getting 12% interest in their savings accounts and they were losing money. People were getting laid off in droves - my father among them. There was rationing, there was a wage-price freeze. Look it up if you don't believe me - I lived through those times.

Those years sucked worse from an economic standpoint than anything you've experienced in your lifetime.

But it wasn't a depression.

That would be even worse.
You may already be there.