View Single Post
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:39 PM       
Wow, you sure are a great big short-sighted asshole.

Don't you think that maybe folks who are protesting our current administration's actions are trying to PREVENT the establishment of a police state? It doesn't happen overnight. But if you compare the state of affairs now to those of, say, fifteen years ago, it's kind of scary. And by the time we realize how completely under the thumb of our government we are, it'll probably be too late to do anything about it.

For example, Nazi Germany didn't become what it was in a couple of weeks. It was a gradual, insidious process. A few rules imposed here, a few things outlawed there, over the course of several years.

I don't possess the temperament or patience of someone like Burbank, so I'm going to sum it up as quickly as I can before I get really fucking angry.

I'm paraphrasing George Carlin here, and I think it's a frighteningly accurate statement: "When fascism comes to prominence in America, it's not going to be wearing jackboots and uniforms. It's going to have a smiley face and be wearing sneakers with lihts in them."
________
HOW TO TURN IOLITE OFF

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:35 AM.