View Single Post
Forum Virgin
RedCometXIII is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2012, 02:46 PM       
I was born in Gallipolis, OH; the town that the Silver Bridge connected Point Pleasant to across the Ohio River. I go through Point Pleasant and across the Silver Memorial Bridge whenever I trek back up there. I lived there the first 15 years of my life and it wasn't until I moved to North Carolina that I found out there was a Mothman festival. I was pissed when I found out since I never got to go.

I just happened to be visiting in OH during Mothman Prophecies opening weekend. Of course some friends and I went and saw it. The place was absolutely packed. Lines out the ass to see this movie. Too bad it sucked the big one.

I actually did venture into the TNT area once, the place where Mothman was supposed to live, along with being acquainted with a few people who dared to go there. It is one of the creepiest places in America. It's so quite all the time, like there's just no man or animal around, so whenever you hear something it grabs your attention immediately. Whenever you're in that area you feel a tremendous amount of unease. Didn't help that I found an abandoned vehicle while exploring the place, hazard lights on and drivers door open. I went into one of the munitions storage "igloos" while I was there but there was nothing of interest other than a garbage bag full of something. Coulda been a dead body which would have been interesting.

That entire area of Southeast Ohio/Northwest West Virginia is surreal. Like the entire region just doesn't feel right. It's so rural and so out of the way and everywhere you go there's forests, an image I've always connected with the supernatural. It's an interesting place for sure. I still want to go back to that TNT area one day.

Anyway, I was on the imockey main page and saw this topic on the front page and just wanted to comment. Glad to see people are still interested in the Mothman.