View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 07:32 PM        City of Villains
Hey. I'm in the beta for this and today the Non-Disclosure Agreement was lifted, so it's screenshot time.

ENTER OUR VILLAIN, ROBOSEAL X800. HE IS A CYBERNETICALLY-ENHANCED SEAL THAT FOR TOO LONG HAS ENDURED PEOPLE THROWING PENNIES AT HIM IN A GLASS ENCLOSURE. Note the Bloom and distance blurring effects.

Character gen has all of the parts from COH plus about 9 million more. COH suffers from having about 8 different faces to choose from, but COV has literally about 30-40 pieces for this. Also, COH subscribers who buy COV will get to use the COV parts for their COH characters as well.

Also, COV and COH share the same monthly fee ($14.99).

Replacing the Defender Archetype are Masterminds, who can control a number of pets. You have far greater control over your pets than previous COH pets and other classes in COV that get pets. Namely, you have complete control over them, can upgrade them, can name them, and can make them talk and do emotes (like getting down, as pictured). You can have up to 6 pets.

And when you dismiss a robit pet, it blasts off into the sky.

Some guy's mercenary pets.

Probably this guy.

The 4 types of pets, including zonbis, mercenaries, robits, and NINJAS.

RIDIN SPINNAS, ROBBIN BANKS

Ragdoll physics are funny :<

My 2nd robot Smarterchild totally backhanded this dude into the wall. During the bank raid, I shot this dude in the face and he flew back and rolled on the ground a few times. The best part is that this happens every time you knock a dude over, not just on their death.

I think it tries too hard to be Guild Wars, though.

There are a lot of animal parts, so expect to see hardcore yiffing all throughout the rogue isles.

Ms. Liberty will think twice before she invites her friends for punch and pie.

Just gonna dump the rest, I want to get back to it. ENJOY :o