View Single Post
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
I found out last night that I'd been playing my Brute all wrong. Brutes raise a Fury meter while they're hitting or being hit, and this meter starts to make you do triple and quadruple damage if you can keep it high enough. The brute powersets are generally tanker sets reversed (invulnerability primary and super strength secondary is a Tanker set, ss pri and invul sec is a Brute set). Without Fury, Brutes do less damage than scrappers, but once you get rolling you start to mow a path of destruction that is somewhat biblical. Defense is still way worse than a Tanker, so this class isn't really a parallel to that.

Only way to play this class is to take a lot of quick, low damage attacks to boost fury, and then have one huge finishing maneuver. With full fury, your quick attacks can paste a minion at your level in one hit and your finisher can smash a boss just as quickly. The only problem is that you still take a lot of damage and you have to run from battle to battle quick as shit to maintain fury, leaving no room for you to rest and regain health. This class really shines if you have a healer or controller to manage the damage you take, allowing you to blow through missions lickety split, yo.

And here I thought the only real new thing was the Mastermind class :<
another overpowered villain. so we've got the hardcore assassin Stalkers who can take a purple in one hit, the Dominators with ultra holds and damage dealing equivalent to blasters, the Masterminds who can summon what, up to six tanks? there are Corruptors too, aren't there? what do they do? throw nuclear weapons at you?