Thread: Haiti
View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 04:37 PM       
Haiti never asked the UN for help before the earthquake? Your a fucking moron and is so set on being right you are ignoring facts and comparing poor Caribbean nations to poor countries in the middle east. Also your post is way to long so I def won't be reading it.

On 23 February 2004, the United Nations Security Council was convened at the request of CARICOM(The Caribbean Community (CARICOM)), is an organization of 15 Caribbean nations and dependencies. for the first time in four years to address the deteriorating situation in Haiti.

On 30 April 2004, MINUSTAH was established and given its mandate with a military component of up to 6,700 troops.

MINUSTAH, an acronym of the French translation, is a United Nationspeacekeeping mission in Haiti that has been in operation since 2004. The mission's military component is led by the Brazilian Army. The force commander is Brazilian. The current UN mission is authorized until October 15, 2010. The force is composed of 8,940 military personnel and 3,711 police, supported by an international civilian personnel, a local civilian staff and United Nations Volunteers.

In July the General Assembly authorized the financing of the mission with $200 million. which followed a donors' conference in Washington DC.

In September the interim president of Haiti, Boniface Alexandre, spoke to the United Nations General Assembly in support of MINUSTAH. Haiti giving their consent! Wow you were wrong and a total tool!

grisygus you seem to be an asshole who is intent on being right even though you don't have your facts right. So the haitians have been fighting the brazilian led militray and police forces in their country? Funny I never heard about that. Must of been lost in all the headlines about them arresting un personnel lol. your a fucking moron and I'm done with this thread so please spare everyone else and stop responding. good luck haiti