View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 10:18 AM       
I wouldn't count on a damn thing coming out of the G8, or the UN for that matter, God bless their hearts.

I think there is an argument to be had over the measures Israel is taking, however a lot of the people I hear raising that issue are the same knee-jerk, ignorant idiots who wait in the high grass for the right moment to attack Israel. Like last night, a talk radio host was talking about how Israel creates this kind of Arab reaction, and of course, they've been doing it "since a bunch of European Jews decided they were entitled to Arab land."

I think we need to try to get France involved in this, and some kind of diplomatic emergency envoy needs to take place. Israel needs to be in the room, Lebanon needs to be in the room, and perhaps even Syria.

Lebanon MUST disarm Hezbollah, and control their soutrhern borders. If they can't do this b/c of Syria, or iran, then Israel has every right to secure the Lebanese border and cut off transfer to Syria/Iran.

I would like to see Israel stand down a bit, but I don't think that can happen unless these other things can be guaranteed.