View Single Post
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Feb 17th, 2010, 11:26 AM       
Imagine if Fathom there decided he was going to start making planes. He decides to make the F0-10. Also imagine Evil Robot thought it would be kick ass if there was and Evil Robot airlines so he buys a few F0-10s from Fathom. Years later Fathom decides to close up shop for whatever reason. He is no longer manufacturing parts for the F0-10. The good Dr Boogie knows there is still a market for the parts because he knows Evil Robot wants to continue flying his planes. So Boogie figures out haw to manufacture the parts to the exact standards that Fathom used to make them. Boogie contacts the FAA and tells them how he is doing it and they come check out his operation and decided he is doing a fine job at it as issues him a Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA). The FAA also tells Evil Robot that every part on his plane has to be tested and recertified every year to make sure its still good and in working condition because they dont want anything going wrong and planes falling out of the sky. So Evil Robot sends me a part and tells me to test it. I test it and find out that it has some corroded nuts that need to be replaced. I contact Boogie who tells me he has them and will sell them to me for $20. Awesome! This works and this is what has been going on for years.

However here recently Evil Robot has decided he doesnt want nuts from anyone but Fathom. Despite the fact that Boogies nuts have been perfectly acceptable for years. So next time Evil Robot sends me parts...

I tell Evil Robot I want to use Boogies nuts but he isnt so sure he wants Boogies nuts. He only wants Fathoms nuts. So I do a little more looking around and find that Wiffles has some of Fathoms nuts she got back when he was still manufacturing them. She ended up not needing them so they have just been sitting on a shelf all this time. However she knows Evil Robot only wants Fathoms nuts and that we will be hard pressed to find them anywhere else so she will only sell them to me for $700.

Now Boogies nuts are not only cheaper they are newer as well. Meanwhile Fathoms nuts that Wiffles are not only drastically more expensive they have also been sitting around collecting dust. Both the FAA and I say that Boogies nuts are perfectly fine but thats not good enough for Evil Robot. He has the crazy idea that for them to be worth a damn at all they have to come from Fathom.