View Single Post

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
True, he had a lot of shit on his plate during his first term, but most of it was due to outside influences. This time, it is his own country giving him the porblems. He can't bomb this away like he did the last time. He doesn't have a 9/11 to fall back on when it comes to his inability to give up torturr OR spying.

While I don't think he will be impeached, I hope at least some of the shit hits the fan.
I think the opponents will try very hard, and they may even score a lot of points against him, but how much of it will stick?

Pres. Bush has done things you do not like, but can one necessarily say that all of these things are solely his doing, and trying to pin Abramoff on him or trying to pin a lot of the issues facing GOP on him is pretty wrong.

Things seem so intensified since the second term of Pres. Clinton. Since the Republican Renaissance of the mid-nineties politics has become the worst batch there is in the US, entirely rooted in scandal.

My theory: since the end of the Cold War the American people feel no necessity in unity behind their President. So politics becomes dirty.