View Single Post
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 13th, 2009, 07:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyxblondexdame View Post
lol its too long of a story. just wanted to know if anyone else lived in an area that did not offer pickup of recyclables (or bins to place them in, if you live in an apt bldg). maybe its just my area -- we have weekly pickup of recyclables and most public places have bins. my apt bldg gives fines if you don't sort your recycling.
back home they'd pick up bottles/cans if you paid for the service and used their tiny bins to put the stuff out by the curb like your garbage.

they used to have a little recycling center type place a half a mile away from my house but they got rid of it and the closest one these days is 4 miles away. and by "recycling center" i mean dumpsters with different labels on them for paper/plastic/steel/glass/etc.

both apartment complexes i lived in while in west virginia just had one big dumpster, so i guess that's what you mean.

but yeah, here in western north carolina, most people appreciate the world so they recycle.